SFBAC-NATS and Dr. Julia Nielsen present:
Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:00-6:00pm
Kanbar Performing Arts Center
44 Page Street (between Gough and Franklin), San Francisco
Dr. Mark S. Courey, Director of Laryngology, UCSF Voice and Swallowing Center
In this two-hour workshop, designed for classical singers and their teachers, two pre-eminent Bay Area voice specialists will share:
- Speech habits—both good and bad—that can impact the singing voice
- Speaking voice exercises that can dramatically improve the singing voice
- Tools for preventing and coping with common voice complaints, such as vocal fatigue, allergies, and reflux
- How to perform simple laryngeal massage and why all singers should try it
- When a singer should seek (or be referred for) medical advice
This workshop is also a Master Class for speaking. Several volunteers will have their speaking voices assessed, and participants will learn specific exercises that might be used during speech training/therapy to bring greater balance to each volunteer’s speaking voice.
Special for SFBAC-NATS Members! For the studio fee of $40, you may bring (or send) unlimited students from your studio to this workshop for no additional cost.
Individual registration is $25. Students with student ID $15.
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED
You will be able to register and pay at the door on the day of the workshop.
Please email Sue Field, SFBAC-NATS Director of Programs, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.